Brandy – 45 ml Coffee, Honey & Cinnamon Syrup – 30 ml Cherry Brandy Liqueur – 15 ml Angoustra Bitters – a dash Cinnamon sticks – to garnish
. Preparation Method
Take 30 ml of hot water. Add to it half a teaspoon of Nescafe instant Coffee powder, half a teaspoon of honey & a Cinnamon stick. Stir it well. Set it aside to brew. Let the syrup cool. Pour all in a mixing glass with ice & stir gently for a minute. Strain it in a Snifter. Drop in a Cinnamon stick. Sit back & Sip the aromatic drink. . Cheers1
After a good X’mas celebrations, it’s time for hangover cure Here is the Corpse Reviver from the family of cocktails intended as hangover remedy, hence the name as well. . I have my gin based Corpse Reviver. Only twist – I substituted the Vermouth with Chardonnay Dry white wine & instead of Absinthe I used the Peychaud bitters which too has Anise aroma. Also replaced Cointreau to Grand Marnier . Ingredients
Gin – 25 ml @greaterthangin Lemon juice – 25 ml Grand Marnier – 25 ml @grandmarnierofficial Chardonnay – 25 ml Peychaud bitters – A dash @peychaudsaperitivo Orange twist – for garnish
. Preparation Method
Shake ingredients together in a mixer with ice. Strain into chilled glass. Garnish with orange twist . Cheers!
Gin – 45 ml @greaterthangin Lemon juice – 10 ml Orange juice – 10 ml Lime Cordial – 20 ml Tonic Water – to top Fresh Strawberry- 3 nos. . Preparation Method
Slice the strawberries in cubes and drop in a low-ball rock glass along with Lemon, Orange juice & the Lime Cordial. Muddle it gently. Pour in the Gin. Stir it well. Drop the ice cubes & few slices of strawberry & top it up with Tonic water. Garnish with a slice of Strawberry. There we have the Strawberry Gin Mojito ready to SIP!
Tonight I decided to first select the glass & then suit the cocktail to the palate & senses of the glass A 550 ml lager glass was the toast of the evening. A Long drink for sure. A Long Drink is one of the first papyrus puzzles you can find in Assassin’s Creed Origins . My Long drink puzzle was finally solved with this concoction🥂 . Ingredients
Gin – 45 ml @greaterthangin White Wine – 50 ml @conasur Bicicleta Orange juice – 50 ml @tropicana Ginger ale – 20 ml Lemon juice – 10 ml Beer – to top up @carlsberg Lemon wedge – to garnish Bitters – 5 ml @peychauds
. Preparation Method
Take your favorite lager glass. Pour in lemon juice, ginger ale & the gin. Stir well. Chuck in generous ice cubes and add in orange juice. Add the white wine and top it off with with your favorite lager. A dash of bitters adds to the complexity. Garnish with a fresh lemon wheel. . Cheers!
Caipiroska comes close to Caipirinha. Prepared with vodka instead of the usual Cachaça. Also known as caipivodka and caipirodka. . Ingredients
Smirnoff Vodka – 60 ml Brown sugar – 1/2 tsp Lime wedges – a couple Orange wedge Fresh mint leaves Crushed ice. . Preparation Method
In an old fashioned glass squeeze juice from lime wedges. Place one of the lime wedges into the glass and add sugar. Muddle sugar with the lime wedge gently. Don’t overdo to avoid to make the drink too bitter. Throw in a few fresh mint leaves & pour in vodka. Stir well until the sugar is dissolved. Add crushed ice and stir to melt some of the ice. Garnish with lime slice & orange wedge. . Cheers!
This afternoon I flew to a friend’s home & as the evening came closer, I was introduced to his bar stocked well with awesome array of spirits & liqueurs. Before he could ask me to mix a good one my eyes ran through the 100% blue agave Tequila & the Smoky Double Black JW Whisky. I said let’s give a shot to make a Smoky Paloma. . Ingredients
A 100% blue agave tequila reserva 1800 Reposado – 45 ml A Smoky Scotch Whisky – Double Black JW – 30 ml A liqueur – Desmondji Orange Liqueur – 20 ml A fresh lemon juice – 20 ml
Shake all with cracked ice. Strain it over ice in a rock glass & garnish with lemon wedge🥃 .Tequila is such a good spirit that it will be interesting to have a quick walk-through . Two types of Tequila : 100% Blue Agave, and Tequila Mixto (Mixed). . Mixto Tequila contains a minimum of 51% Blue Agave, and the remaining 49% from other sugars (typically cane sugars) . Tequila Silver – Blanco – Plata – White – Platinum : This is the Blue Agave spirit in its purest form. It is clear and typically un-aged. . Tequila Gold : Gold Tequila is typically a Mixto, where colorants and flavorings have been added prior to bottling. . Tequila Reposado: A Reposado Tequila is the first stage of “rested and aged”. The Tequila is aged in wood barrels or storage tanks between 2 months and 11 months. . Tequila Añejo (extra aged): After aging for at least one year, Tequila can then be classified as an “Añejo”. . Tequila Extra Añejo (ultra aged): A new classification added in the summer of 2006, labeling any Tequila aged more than 3 years, an “Extra Añejo. . Cheers!